One of the most frequent questions that I am asked as a coach is, “What is the difference between a coach and a mentor and in my case also a therapist?”
ICF- The International Coach Federation defines coaching as “Partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential.”
While both coach and mentor are used as professional development tools, therapy is a psychological treatment technique and each of those purposes and structures are quite different.
Situations where a Career Coach can help you
- I do not know what I really want in my career in five years
- I have reached a good career level but am not sure if this is what I want to continue for the future, however I can not risk my current standards either
- I recently moved to a new country and would like to settle myself in a new culture also within the business culture of new work organization
- I have difficulties finding balance between work, leisure, my partner, my children and all others
- I am not sure after all if I still follow my dreams anymore
- I’m a bit stuck in my job/role/with my manager ...and I need to move forward.